My hopes for this blog is to provide other mothers with support, information, new insights, and hopefully a few laughs as we learn together what is really means to be "Mom."

Thursday, January 24, 2008

First Steps

Austin can walk! Well, at least he did it once. I have been trying to get him to work at it for a couple months now. Before he could crawl he used to love holding onto my hands and "walking" around the house. As soon as he learned how to crawl, all of that was over. He realized he was much faster on his knees. I haven't been about to get him to practice walking since. Then last night, out of no where he takes off. It wasn't just a step or two either. My husband and I were sitting at opposite ends of the room. Austin was standing up by me, he looked at my husband and then took about 6 or 7 steps towards him before he plopped down on his butt.

That was last night. (I forgot to blog due to all of the excitement.) Since then we have only been able to get him to take about another 3 steps. He is back to crawling for now. Much faster, true, but not nearly as much fun for mom and dad to watch. I am thrilled though, that Alan were both able to see his first steps. What a blessing!

No comments: